Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: CORBIN
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:27 am 

CORBIN. I am seeking information on Corbin. A female (possibly Margaret or Catherine) b. approx 1815 married William FLYNN/FLINN, likely at Burin Peninsula, Argentina or Placenta Bay.

At least one of her and William's children, Mary, born 1843, lived in Bar Haven and raised a family of eight there, with her husband Joseph FARRELL, a Trader from Beau Bois. There are no Corbins in Bar Haven, so I don't think Margaret/Catherine was from there.

The other children of Wm and Corbin Flynn were: Ellen (Tobin), Martin (Elizabeth), Philip, and possibly others. I don't know the birth order. I think the Martin name comes from the Farrells and Philip from the Corbins. Martin, b. approx. 1840, is buried in Bar Haven, with his wife Elizabeth. They had (at least) James and and Joseph.

The only reference to Philip I could find is that he erected a tombstone for "Catherine Flynn." Given the age, it's not (likely) his wife. It may've been his daughter or niece (of Martin and Elizabeth.) No other record of Catherine in that age group could I find.

I have extensive info on the Farrells. I would love to connect with anyone researching Corbin.

Thank you!

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames