Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Moores
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:55 pm 

I am searching for any information on my father. His name is William Moores born 1930-1931(Newfoundland). I do not know much yet, what I do know is his father (my grandfather) was Charles Moores and his wife (my grandmother) was Sarah Churchill. I know William had two brothers Michael and Douglas both have since passed away. I have been in contact with two 1st cousins on the Moores side. Unfortunately they do not have any memory of my father. I also know when Charles was killed his wife Sarah remarried a Noseworthy. I have yet to obtain the name of her 2nd husband. I have been searching for over 40 yrs without any success. I live in the USA so for me it is hard to locate just where he might have been born/passed away as I have not been able to find any sort of record on my father.
My mother was from Ryoun-Nounda she has since passed away in Sarnia Ontario. I only met her a few times and she was not forthcoming about my paternal side.
I hope someone out there will see this post and contact me I know in the past there is family issues that aren't that flattering. I am not looking to judge those of the past. I would just love to have answers so I can properly fill in the missing blanks on my tree. I don't want to pass along lost history to my children and their children.
If along the way I am connected with family then I am over the moon to have that happen also.
I have no photo of what my father looked like, was he ever married, did he ever have any other children? I have not as of yet been able to confirm if he is still alive or has since passed. Thank you in advance to anyone who reads this post. I am running out of options and locations to post. Any advice or information would be deeply appreciated.
If this type of post isn't allowed I apologize in advance.
Warmest Regards,
Norma (Moores) Gould
Nh2283@gmail.com

Post subject: Re: Moores
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:55 am 
Expert Member
Expert Member

In the 1935 Newfoundland Census, there is a household at 10 Belvedere Street, St. John's, the head of the household listed as Charles Moores, his wife listed as Sarah Moores, and one son listed as William Moores, age 5 years.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:47 pm 
Expert Member
Expert Member

1945 Newfoundland Census, Harold Noseworthy household at Blackhead Road, St. John's, wife Sarah Jane, William Moores (stepson, age 14), and other children including Douglas Moores (stepson).

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:34 pm 

Milt wrote:
1945 Newfoundland Census, Harold Noseworthy household at Blackhead Road, St. John's, wife Sarah Jane, William Moores (stepson, age 14), and other children including Douglas Moores (stepson).

Thank you, I have this information, I just lose his trail after the 1945 census.
Thank you for your help,
Norma

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames