Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Dawe and Adams - Clarke's Beach
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:03 pm 

Hi all,

My name is Nicole and I'm searching for information on my family. My poppy Fredrick Dawe (b. 1932 in Clarke's Beach) passed nearly a year ago after having Alzheimer's for years. I wasn't able to get information from him on my family, but I know that his father's name was Charles Dawe (b. 1893 in Clarke's Beach, d. 1985 in Clarke's Beach) and his mother's was Marion Boone (b. 1901 in South River, d. 1994 in Clarke's Beach). I have been told that Charles' father's name was Edward Dawe, also born in Clarke's Beach, and his mother's name was Cora. This is where things get confusing, as I cannot find the birth records for either of them, and therefore cannot move past them. On Ed & Cora's wedding record, two witnesses are listed as "Charles Dawe & Mary Ann Dawe) and I'm not sure who they are in relation to Ed. They could be his parent's or siblings? Can anyone shed some light? I've also been told that one of Ed's sister's named Mary (went by Polly) married a William Fillier, and I've found records showing two people with those names did get married, but I can't determine which of the MANY Mary Dawe's she is to find her birth records.

In terms of Edward's wife Cora, she is listed as Cora Pye on her birth records, but on her children's marriage records, she goes by Cora Adams. I also found a Cora Pye Welsh born the correct year, but I'm not sure why she would go be Adams as her maiden name on her children's wedding certificate and Pye on her marriage certificate. This has been a mess of a situation, as well.

If you know a cousin or anything that could lead me to Edward's or Cora's origins and parents, I would be ecstatic. Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Nicole Dawe

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames