Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: O'Brien, Michael - St John's East 1911 - 1941
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:23 am 

Michael was the son of Margaret Hickey (1878-1963) from Torbay, and Maurice O'Brien (1875-1982) from Outer Cover. He married Ellen Gallivan and they had two daughters Margaret O'Brien (1935 - present) and Marie O'Brien (1933 - ?) I believe Margaret is still living in St. John's.

Michael apparently abandoned his wife and children. I'm not sure of when, but he died in WW2 along with 3 of his brothers and there is a monument on Signal Hill regarding the family.

I'm looking for any information regarding Michael possibly having other children after he left his first wife. I can't seem to find him in the 1935 Census. He most likely would have been still with his wife Ellen. This was when his 2nd daughter Margaret was born. In the 1945 Census, Ellen and her two daughters were living with her Father Peter Gallivan on Duckworth Street.

Post subject: Re: O'Brien, Michael - St John's East 1911 - 1941
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:51 pm 

Margaret and Maurice O'brien were my husbands grandparents. I have no information about Michael. I would be interested in knowing what you know about him and his family. I have information about their other children and their parents. I would be happy to share.

Post subject: Re: O'Brien, Michael - St John's East 1911 - 1941
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:14 pm 

Hi Marly,

Thanks for responding. I have chatted with a few of Maurice and Margaret's grandchildren, and found a number of cousins. I do have the names of each of their children. Which one of them is your Husbands parent?

Feel free to privately email me at msgivin@live.ca

Kind Regards,
Fran

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames