Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Information about Parsons family from Perry's Cove
 Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:22 pm 

Closed adoption records have recently been opened in Massachusetts and I recently learned that my birth mother in Boston in 1943 was Emmie Parsons (1908-1994) from Perry’s Cove, Newfoundland, Ca. Any Parsons family information and specific information about Emmie Parsons would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Information about Parsons family from Perry's Cove
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:34 pm 

Hi, My name is David. I'm pretty sure that I might have the information you are looking for about Emmie Parsons from Perry's Cove, Newfoundland. I would me more then happy to share this information with you if you want to E-mail me and tell me what you have found out or what you know, so that I can compare notes. I hope to hear from you soon. I hope you don't mind me asking, but if you could tell me a little about yourself. I know Emmie gave birth to a baby boy in 1943 or so. And that she gave the baby up for adoption right after it's birth. I'm assuming that child is you. Please don't let this get by, I promise the information I have will be of great importance. Take care and reply soon !!
David

Post subject: Re: Information about Parsons family from Perry's Cove
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:49 pm 

Hello,

I'm looking for a bit of information about the Parson's of the St. John's area. My ggg-grandfather, John Henry (JC) Parsons (b. 1806-1814, d. 25 January 1871) may have lived in Newfoundland before immigrating to the United States (first New York, and ultimately Philadelphia) by the 1840's. His father was probably a certain Jonathan Parsons, who I understand was a famous watchmaker in St. John's. Jonathan, and for that matter, John Henry, may very well have been born in England before coming to Canada. Does anyone have any further information on this Parson's line? My email address is southern_dude21@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Tim

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames