Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: BRANSCOMBE
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:45 pm 

I am looking for Newfoundland Branscombes who may be related to my Branscombe family here in New Brunswick. My family decends from Arthur Branscombe born abt. 1751 Devonshire England died Jan 15 1825 in Waterborough Queens Co. New Brunswick he came to New Brunswick with his three sons as Loyalists. He married Rachel Lafurgie in about 1789. I decend through is son John M Branscombe born abt 1790 at The Range Queens Co. New Brunswick died abt 1851 Havelock Kings Co. New Brunswick.

I have some information on Newfoundland Branscombes and know they were ships captains who made trips to Newfoundland as early as 1602 and some settled there and are buried there. New Brunswick Branscombes were also ships captains:Captain Arthur D Branscombe of the schooner Pampero, Captain John Branscombe of the schooner Alithia and Captain George Branscombe of the schooner Crown Prince.

If anyone can make the connection it would be much appreciated and any connection with living Branscombe relitives would be great.

Thank You CONNIE BLACK RYDER

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames