Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Loretta Mary Normore
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:21 pm 

Hello,

I am hoping that someone can help me in my search for the Normore’s, in particular Loretta Mary Normore born 1925 in Corner Brook, NL.

Loretta’s parents are Elijah John Normore born in Sunday Cove, NL 1884 and died Dec 4 1941 in Corner Brook, NL and her mother Sarah Normore born 1898 in Hearts Content, NL. Loretta has 3 siblings - Gladys P Normore born 1920 in Wellman's Cove, NL Harvey Normore born 1921 in Corner Brook and Marion Normore born 1930 in Corner Brook.

Loretta left Corner Brook on November 17th 1944 for Hespeler Ontario where she was employed by the Dominion Woolen Mills - she resided at Gordon Hall in Hespeler. Loretta gave birth March 23rd, 1951 in Hamilton Ontario to a baby boy she named John whom she put up for adoption. That is all the information that I have been able to gather thus far.

John Normore is my birth Father, the name given to him when he was adopted was Dwight William Barker. He was adopted to a couple from Preston, Ontario.

In 1945 Sarah, Harvey and Marion Normore lived at 27 Golden Glow Crescent in Corner Brook.

Elijah John Normore’s parents were Darius Normore born June 19 1851 in Twillingate, NL and died in May 2nd, 1932 in Wellman’s Cove, NL and Isabella Mills born 1860 location unknown and died March 18th 1907 in Wellman’s Cove, NL.

Darius Normore’s parents were Giles Normore born sometime between 1812 - 1819 in Dorset England and died April 21st 1894 in Sunday Cove Island and Elizabeth Lang 1801-1897.

I eagerly looking forward to hearing from anyone with information.

Best regards,
Rebecca Barker

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames