Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: CORBIN late 1600s early 1700s
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:17 am 

Looking for any information please on members of the Corbin family that were in Newfoundland in the late 17th C - 18th C. My ancestor was Henry Corbin of Newfoundland ('belonging to West Parley, Dorset, England) His will of 1715 mentions his wife Elizabeth 'Betty' Corbin and his sons as follows: John, Henry, William, Dan, Isaac, Benjamin, Solloman and James. His wife Elizabeth then lives on until 1758 and is referred to as Elizabeth Corbin of West Parley, widow from at least 1719 although she ends up in Ringwood, Hampshire, England (nr West Parley) She only mentions the first 4 sons in her will and John, Henry & William, are all buried at Ringwood in Hampshire, England as is she and Dan is buried at Blandford Forum, Dorset, England. None of the sons appear to have been baptised at Ringwood or West Parley so I am wondering if they were born and baptised in Newfoundland around the turn of the 17th-18th Cs.

Any information relating to the above would be most welcome.

Post subject: Re: CORBIN late 1600s early 1700s
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:35 pm 

Hi
I am also interested in the Corbins but at a later date (late 19th century) can you assist

Corbin4Craze wrote:
Looking for any information please on members of the Corbin family that were in Newfoundland in the late 17th C - 18th C. My ancestor was Henry Corbin of Newfoundland ('belonging to West Parley, Dorset, England) His will of 1715 mentions his wife Elizabeth 'Betty' Corbin and his sons as follows: John, Henry, William, Dan, Isaac, Benjamin, Solloman and James. His wife Elizabeth then lives on until 1758 and is referred to as Elizabeth Corbin of West Parley, widow from at least 1719 although she ends up in Ringwood, Hampshire, England (nr West Parley) She only mentions the first 4 sons in her will and John, Henry & William, are all buried at Ringwood in Hampshire, England as is she and Dan is buried at Blandford Forum, Dorset, England. None of the sons appear to have been baptised at Ringwood or West Parley so I am wondering if they were born and baptised in Newfoundland around the turn of the 17th-18th Cs.

Any information relating to the above would be most welcome.

Post subject: Re: CORBIN late 1600s early 1700s
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:25 pm 

You may find the site below of interest:

www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cannf/cbhg_s ... corbin.htm

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames