Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Sparkes of Lower Island Cove
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:46 pm 

Hi
I am looking for anyone who is doing any research on the Sparkes family of LIC
I am trying to make a connection with my GGG Grandfather Henry Rogers born 1821(wife Elizabeth (nee Louis)Rogers) to John Rogers. I have found a record that states that John Rogers married Rachel Sparkes on Nov. 24, 1824. Rachel was the daugther of George Sparkes and Rachel (nee Morris) Sparkes.
If anyone has info on the children of John and Rachel Rogers, Please let me know so I can continue my search.
Thank You
Wayne Rodgers

Post subject: Re: Sparkes of Lower Island Cove
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:01 am 

Hi Wayne,

I don't know if this will help, since the 'Sparkes' I have in my tree seems to pre-date the information you refer to.

I have an Ann Sparkes marrying Christoper Angel on 21 Mar 1802 at the Anglican Cathedral of St John the Baptist (St Johns Anglican Cathedral) in St. John's, Newfoundland. I don't have any other info on Ann Sparkes, but Christoper was born about 1771 in Petty Harbour where his family was located. Prior to marrying Ann Sparkes we believe Christopher was also married to an Ann Horwood (or Harwood) of Quidi Vidi on 10 Jun 1799.

If you come across this Sparkes in your investigations we would love to hear from you. - Sarah Angell

Post subject: Re: Sparkes of Lower Island Cove
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:44 pm 

Hi SJ-Angell
Sorry but I don't have any information on Ann Sparkes. The Sparkes family I have information on are from Lower Island Cove. That is not to say that they are not connected some how. If you can make a connection with your Sparkes to LIC Sparkes let me know.

Wayne

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames