Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Richard Lahey & Mary Whelan
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:47 am 

Looking for any info on Richard LAHEY (mariner) and wife Mary Bridget WHELAN (b. Feb 1863) of Harbor Grace. Known children: Mary (b. 1883 - mar. Albert Shaw) and Margaret Ellen (b. 1890/92 - mar. Ron Barteaux). Mary Bridget (Whelan) Lahey was a widow when she remarried John Kidney on 16 Nov. 1905 at Harbor Grace. Trying to find out parents, siblings and any other children for Richard & Mary.

Post subject: Re: Richard Lahey & Mary Whelan
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:56 pm 

Hi I don't have any info on Richard or Mary but you mentioned a Kidney in your message and I came across a Margaret Kidney born abt 1888 in Upper Island Cove married a Daniel Ford born abt 1871 Upper Island Cove. Do you know if this Margaret and your John Kidney are related? I don't have names for her parents or siblings so I can't help you in that area either, sorry. But I will keep your message in the notes for Margaret and if I do find any connection I will contact you. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Tish

Post subject: Re: Richard Lahey & Mary Whelan
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:15 am 

Hi my name is Leonard Lahey, I have been researching the Lahey’s from Newfoundland for some years, there were many Richard Lahey’s I have about 20 in my data base. I believe the Richard you are inquiring about was married twice first to Mary Meaney in 1874, then Mary Bridget Whalen abt 1880. I think this Richard was born in 1837. But I do not have a record of this Richard as a mariner. Where did this family settle?
I have done Family Tree DNA to try and determine the origin of my Lahey clan has anyone in your family considered this?
All the best Leonard

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames