Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Tucker Family & Hawco Family of Brigus , Port De Grave District
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:41 pm 

Hello everyone , Looking to have contact with D. John Littlejohn , Carolyn Murry or any member of the Tucker family, Hawko Family from Brigus , port de grave , descended from John & Jane Tucker from Teignmouth , Devon England as it seems I am a descendant of that particular Tucker family . The Hawco or Hawko family also lived on Goulds' Road in Brigus which is the other family I am descended from. Records are scarce due to the many church fires in NL. , so if you have any info. please contact me , my grandad was George Thomas Tucker ,born march 26 1890 in Brigus ,his father was said to have been Rhoderick , or John Rhoderick Tucker who married Katherine Hawko. John or Rhoderick Tuckers dad was ''said'' to have been from Devon England , I read there were only 2 Tucker families from Port DE Grave so this should narrow the field . Please send info. or refer me to family. Thank You

Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please do not post your e-mail address in the open forum

Post subject: Re: Tucker Family & Hawco Family of Brigus , Port De Grave District
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:44 pm 

Gerald Andrews wrote and published "Heritage of a Newfoundland Outport" which is all about Port de Grave.

His wife has Tucker ties and I know that her brother has done all of her Tucker line. Contact Gerald. You may be in luck.

Geoff Martin
Calgary

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames