Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Byrne/O'Neill
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:53 pm 

I am looking for the Byrne Family. My grandfathers name was Michael J Byrne b 1884 d 1968, Michael was marrid twice, his first wife was Margaret Baird they had two children Mary and Margaret both died at a young age along with his wife.Then he married Lillian(Alice) O'Neil b 1892 d 1978, they had the following children Leo, William, Robert, Gregory, Marie, Mary, Michael, Edward, Lillian,Theresa(who died in a southside landslide)and Lucille (adopted).Still having difficulty finding the O'Neils. PLEASE HELP!

Post subject: Re: Byrne/O'Neill
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:44 pm 

Hi partyelf
What area is your BYRNE family from? I'm researching the BYRNE surname as well from Upper Island Cove, Spaniard's Bay, Tilton and Bell Island. I would gladly swap info with you on this surname. Hope to hear from your soon. Good luck with your research.

Tish

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:25 am 

Hi Tish

My great grandmothers name was Winifred Byrne born about 1857, married to Michael O'Toole and lived at Southside. Could there be a connection?

I have a feeling Winifred had family at Brigus.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:57 pm 

Hi Astrotraveller
I don't remember if I got back to you concerning Winnifred Byrne. The only Winnifred that I have in my list is a Winnifred born to John Joseph Byrne and Mary Ann McCarthy. I don't have any information on this Winnifred at all, no dates or name of spouse. Her parents both died in Corner Brook, NL.,but I'm showing her as one of 12 children listed so I'm not sure if she is the same person. If you'd like to provide more info to me and I'll check further my email is pmmbyrne@shaw.ca in the meantime good luck with your research.

Tish

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:27 pm 

Hi partyelf in response to your message the Lillian Alice O'Neill I have some info but you will have to verify it yourself because I have not verified any of this yet. But I have parents of Lillian Alice O'Neill as Patrick O'Neill b abt 1839 in Harbour Grace died 21 Dec 1921 her mother I have listed as Elizabeth Pike b 24 Jun 1872 Harbour Grace died 1900 in St. John's, NL I have 6 children listed 5 daughters and one son.
From another researcher I was told that Lillian was the housekeeper for Michael and his first wife.

Hope this is of help, I would appreciate it if you could share with me any new info that you might find on this family. If you have any questions please contact me and I'll try to help. Take care and good luck with your research.

Tish Byrne

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames