Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Surname Cole from Collier's NL, and Dalton from Conception H
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:23 pm 

Hi members
I'm searching for any information or connections to a William Cole born abt 1880 in Collier's, NL married Mary Dalton born abt 1890 in Collier's, NL. I have 7 children listed for this couple and I'm trying to find members of their families so we can exchange info. I'm also hoping to finally find out the names of parents for William Cole and Mary Dalton. I only know that William had a brother Joseph and that Mary had a sister Anne. If anyone can provide me with any info or connections to any of these family members please contact me, any tidbit of info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Tish

Post subject: Re: Surname Cole from Collier's NL, and Dalton from Concepti
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:10 am 

Hi, I'm also looking for Cole. This possible may ne the father of my grandfather William Bartlett Cole who had the same name
. So confusing. He was born in 27 08 1915 in Newfoundland. Both he and his father are listed as fisherman on certificates. He came to UK by enlisting in Royal Navy. Any connection? Best wishes

Post subject: Re: Surname Cole from Collier's NL, and Dalton from Concepti
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:48 pm 

Hi Hanna
Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you but I haven't been on the message board for a very long time.
But as for your question I don't have anyone with the name William Bartlett Cole in my records at all yet, but I will keep my eyes open for any mention of that name.
Might I suggest that you contact the Royal Navy Department in the UK and see if they have anything in their records on him, sometimes they list the next of kin and other info that might help you connect with another member or branch of his family. You can also check with the library or a book store like Chapters for any books with info on the Royal Navy in the UK. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you but good luck with your research.

Tish

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames