Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Sadie Dicks from Harbour Buffett
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:03 am 

Hello, my husband and I live in Ontario now and we would like any information on his mom,
Sadie Beatrice Dicks from Harbour Buffett, born June 25,1907. We think she was an only child.

Sadie married Gilbert Morgan from Seal Cove, CBS on Nov.5,???? (we think around 1931)

They had 12 children and David (my husband... now age 64) was 3rd youngest.

If anyone has any info on Sadie ....her mom & dad, any aunts or uncles, cousins or grandparents names, we would appreciate it.

We are planning a trip to NL in summer 2017 and would like to visit Harbour Buffett....is this possible and how.
Thanks
Marilyn Morgan

Post subject: Re: Sadie Dicks from Harbour Buffett
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:32 pm 

On the 1921 census of North East Harbour Buffett below, Sadie is listed as a niece and living with her parents Charlie and Jessie Dicks and brother Wallace and living in the same household as her Aunt and Uncle Alfred and Grace Dicks and their son John Dicks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DICKS Alfred M Head Married 1890 April 31 N.E. Hr. Buffett
DICKS Grace F Wife Married 1890 June 31 Bareneed
DICKS John M Son Single 1920 Aug 1 Harbour Buffett
DICKS Charles M Brother Married 1886 Feb 35 Harbour Buffett
DICKS Jessie F Sister in Law Married 1891 Jan 30 Harbour Buffett
DICKS Sarah F Neice Single 1910 June 11 Harbour Buffett
DICKS Wallace M Nephew Single 1919 Aug 2 Harbour Buffett

Hope this helps.
John

Post subject: Re: Sadie Dicks from Harbour Buffett
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:41 pm 

Hi,
My family is also from Harbour Buffett but I have no surname DICKS.

When I saw your inquiry, I did a search for Sadie Beatrice in Newfoundland Grand Banks and found a Sadie Beatrice Dicks, age 19 who was listed as born in Harbour Buffett. She was listed as a passenger on the "SS Farnorth" sailing from St. John's to Boston, Mass in 1929. Her father is listed as Charles Dicks. She was travelling to visit Mrs. Ralph Morgan at 85 Adams Street in East Lynn, Mass and is listed as not planning to return to Newfoundland. She was 5'3", had a pale complexion, dark brown hair and brown eyes.

There were 2 Charles Dicks in the 1921 Census for Harbour Buffett.
One of them was Charlie N. Dicks born in 1877, married to Suzie who was born in 1887. They had children; Jennie b. 1911, Lillian b. 1914, Charlie b. 1916, George b. 1918 and Mildred b. 1920 in 1921. They lived in Harbour Buffett.

The other one was Charles Dicks b. 1886, married to Jessie b. 1891. They had children; Sarah b. 1910, and Wallace b. 1919. Charles and Jessie were sharing a house with his brother Alfred (wife Grace and family). They lived in Northeast Harbour Buffett, which is in the same area but further down the harbour.

I hope that this information will help you. :)

All the best,
Bonnie

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames