Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: JACKSON/GARLAND/PARSONS/KENADY
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:54 pm 

Hello All,
I have begun researching my father's line, which I have traced to Lower Island Cove(L.I.C)/Conception Bay area of Newfoundland. My Grand Father is Alexander JACKSON (immigrated to US in 1893 to Boston area). His father was Henry JACKSON and mother was Carolina GARLAND of Ochre Pit Cove (married 27 Aug 1848 L.I.C.) This is according to the Methodist church records. I believe, but have not confirmed that his father is likely one George JACKSON and mother is likely Ann KENADY. That I know of, Henry and Carolina had the following children:
Rachel
James Philip
Julia Ann
Alexander

My G.Grandfather Alexander married Mary Ann MacLEOD (McLEOD) of Prince Edward Island (PEI) on 27 NOV 1895 in Cambridge, Middlesex, Mass. Alexander apparently "left" the family between 1920 and 1930. I have no information on Alexander after the 1920 census, where he was listed as a riveter in a shipyard in the Boston area. The Jackson family does not speak of Alexander and they have no information to share with me regarding him. Any information on any of the aforementioned individuals would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
kj

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames