Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Greenslade of Long Pond
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:40 pm 

I am trying to determine who were the parents of my great grandmother, Caroline (Greenslade) Taylor. Born Caroline Greenslade in about 1847 or earlier at Long Pond, Conception Bay South. May have been known as "Carrie". Married Jacob Taylor of Middle Bight, probably early 1860's. Had 3 or 4 children, then moved to James Cove, Bonavista Bay South, in the late 1860's. There they had more children. Jacob died in 1890. Caroline moved shortly thereafter with four of her sons to Chelsea, Massachusetts. She returned to James Cove in 1909, which in 1903 had been renamed Jamestown. Died Jamestown 1920.

Caroline was very likely a descendant of one or more Matthew Greenslade's of Long Pond. It is possible her father's name was Matthew. I have no idea who her mother was.

I welcome any insights, including peripheral knowledge of the Greenslade family which might provide clues. I have searched this site for Greenslade, turned up nothing specific, but perhaps I have missed something. Will keep hunting.

Graham Taylor

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames