Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: St. Croix and Bishop - St. Mary's Bay area
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:13 am 

I am a descendant of Benjamin St. Croix and Sarah Bishop and would like to share research with others interested in the St. Croix and Bishop families. I have a website where you can see what I have found so far. You can access it at www.pbalkcom.com - click on the Marshall link. Thank you.
Pat Balkcom

Post subject: Re: St. Croix and Bishop - St. Mary's Bay area
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:20 am 

Hello,

Thank you for posting the link to your website containing information on St. Mary's Bay families. I have information primarily on Dobbin family from St. Mary's Bay and those related to Dobbin family, such as St. Croix, Bishop, Critch and others. I'm quite willing to compare/share information.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:34 pm 

I am also researching families in and around the St. Mary's area. I noticed on your website Pat that you have Mary Butler (m. Lawrence St. Croix) listed, she was my great aunt. Also, Frances was my 1st cousin once removed.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:58 pm 

birdfeeder220 wrote:
I am a descendant of Benjamin St. Croix and Sarah Bishop and would like to share research with others interested in the St. Croix and Bishop families. I have a website where you can see what I have found so far. You can access it at http://www.pbalkcom.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - click on the Marshall link. Thank you.
Pat Balkcom

After checking your website, I see you have Annie Corcoran, father William Francis, mother Charlotte Harnette. Anne was one of my mother's sisters.
Charlotte Harnette died and William re-married, Mary Powers in 1919, my grandparents. They both lived to the 1980's in Coote's Pond.
I am trying to find William's father's name. It was on his death that William and Charlotte returned to Coote's Pond. They were living in Lamiline at that time, I think.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:23 am 

I'm trying to find some information on George Morgan (early records spelled Morrigan) and Hanna St. Croix. I do not have a marriage record for this couple however in the St. Mary's Bay parish records there are 3 entries for children born to the couple including Johanna baptised 1863, Hanna baptised 1865 and Rosella baptised 1868. Hanna married Patrick "Pad" White and I believe Rosella married Thomas Lee. Any information on this family would be greatly appreciated.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:21 pm 

I believe I know who John Walsh is on your family tree and who he is married too. John Walsh is related to me and is from Cape Dog, St. Mary's Bay. I can be reached at shawnpower76@hotmail.com

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames