Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Tacing Geneology
 Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:58 am 

Tracing family genealogy beginning with grandparents John and Mary Ryan (nee Whelan), of Colliers, Conception Bay. Their children include Mary Josephine, Thomas, Bride (or Bridgett) and perhaps Harold. Mary was born in October 1890, but I do not know if she was the eldest or the youngest. Mary emigrated to Philadelphia ca, 1911 and Bride, who married Jack Cole also emigrated to Philadelphia. Mary married George Herring of Rochester, New York and had six children named Marie, George, Theresa , Thomas, John and Paul. Bride Cole gave birth in Philadelphia to Jack, George, Jennifer, Marie, Francis and Theresa. I am especially interested in knowing the birth dates and where my grandparents lived in Newfoundland, and what other descendants might be living in Newfoundland or elsewhere. Thanks for any help or suggestions you might have.
Josine

Post subject: Re: Tacing Geneology - RYAN & WHELAN, Colliers, Nfld
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:37 pm 

Hello Josine..I'm just seeing your message..I'd like to try to help...would you have any further info on John Ryan & Mary (Whelan) Ryan?? I know you state their daughter, Mary was b. 1890 but you're not sure if she's the youngest..but you do think they were at least born? baptized in Colliers?? for sure from Colliers..I'm from Colliers and both of my parents families have a long history as well..my Mom's maiden name is (WHELAN)..not sure about a connection to your Mary..Her father, "Pop" Whelan was b. 1891 in Colliers..his father, David Whelan also from Colliers, b. abt. 1864 - this is all I know for sure about him..have you checked this genealogy site for details??..a few things to keep in mind - the couple, John & Mary (Whelan) Ryan, could have been married in places such as: Brigus, Harbour Main, Harbour Grace or even St. John's..if they were married in Brigus, you should know there was a major fire about early 1930's which burnt church records..they could have been married anywhere between 1890 - 1880?? or even, 1890 - 1900??..you can get in touch, Nora :)

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames