Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Tuckers of conception bay area
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:40 am 

Hello all , I am looking to connect with relatives of George Thomas Tucker ,my grandfather , born in Brigus 1885 to 1900 . I will now tell you the rumor, that my grandfather's dad was killed in a shipping accident near Newfoundland when he was a child , so checking ship wrecks I came across the collision of the Somerset and the Mary Ann in sept. 1886 in which 2 Tuckers died . Thomas and Charles, all that was said was their names and that they were each married.My grandfather's first wife { unknown name } died , having no children. My grandfather re-married in Nova Scotia and had 8 children. Any information about my grandfather , his parents or relatives in NL. would be greatly appreciated : or info on Thomas and Charles Tucker. Thank you , Hope to hear back soon , Alan

Post subject: Re: Tuckers of conception bay area
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:43 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Is this your family?

George Thomas Tucker died at Halifax, NS on 7 May 1956. His death certificate states he was born on
26 March 1890 at Brigus, Nfld., son of Rhondie Tucker and Catherine Hawco.

George S. Tucker, son of Rody Tucker and Katherine Hawco, married at St. Dennis' Church, Ship Harbour, NS,
on 23 May 1921, to Ethel DeWolfe, the daughter of Azariah DeWolfe and Minerva Webb of Ship Harbour.

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames