Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: McCormick family of Tickle Cove- James McCormick and Rebecca Trainor
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:19 am 

I am looking for help on finding James McCormick of Tickle Cove, NF. From what we can determine, he came from Ireland and, in around 1843, married a Rebecca Trainor (who was from NF). we know they had a son Patrick in around 1845, and a daughter Margaret (who married a Edmund Maloney/Mullowney?). Patrick lived in Tickle Cove, married an Ann Mulcahey. Their children were James, Thomas, Rebecca, and Nicholas. James came to Boston, Ma around 1899. Margaret McCormick Maloney, now widowed, also came to Boston along with Patrick Mccormick. Thanks, Kelley Mc

Post subject: Re: McCormick family of Tickle Cove- James McCormick and Reb
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:26 pm 

Hi there:
I am using this same reply for two different McCormack/McCormick/Cormack postings that have been inactive for a number of years.
I recently completed a review of the above names in NL and have information that may help you in your research.
If you are still pursuing these names, send me a response and we will see where it goes. Maybe you have information to help me find my McCormacks that emigrated to the US and elsewhere in the 1850’s and later?
Pat

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:45 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Patrick Richard McCormick was born at Boston on 17 November 1856, the son of Patrick McCormack of Newfoundland and Rosanna ____ of Ireland.

Patrock McCormick may have arrived in Boston on the Schooner General Washington on
2 October 1850.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:40 pm 

Thanks Ed; it all helps:

I am still searching for a James Jennings McCormack who had his picture taken in Memphis Tenn in 1876 and likely had a wife or daughter names Mary Ester ? who "treasured and kept it until her death in 1901". That is what is written on the back.

There are three James Cormacks/McCormacks born in NL in the early 1830's that are candidates for this James. Still trying to figure out which one he is?

I'll post this here and see what happens.

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames