Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Lucy Moore
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:36 pm 

Researching Lucy Moore born 1868 in Salmon Cove (Avondale) to Daniel Moore & Bridget Power. Emigrated from Newfoundland in 1894 unkown destination.

Post subject: Re: Lucy Moore
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:52 pm 

Hi Gerry:

I am researching my family tree and, particularly, the Moore family of Avondale. I'm from Avondale and for some time have been trying to sort out my Moore family connections. The official records can only take you so far back and oral history is tremendous but that also get somewhat confused as the sources gets older. I have a reasonable good understanding (with "holes" of course) of the "who's who" of the Moore family in Avondale back until the early 1800s. Beyond that, I don't know how the various family groups relate to one another. I feel very sure that they *are* related, I just don't know how.

My grandmother was Mary Louisa Moore, the daughter of Peter Moore and Catherine McGee. Peter was son of William Moore (born 1810) and Ann Gorman (born 1814). I believe you are a descendant of Lucy Moore, and therefore of Daniel Moore and Bridget Power. I have not been able to connect our two Moore families - don't even know if they *are* related - but I would like to know, if possible. They lived within a few hundred feet of each other for generations - I know the house Lucy's brother Dan Moore lived in - in fact my first cousin has lived in it for the past 15 years or so. Anyway, if you are interested in corresponding to share information, drop me a line,

Cheers, Pete

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:37 pm 

I'm not sure if there's a direct connection either. In my research I have a Louisa Mary Moore b. 1884 d. 1967 married to a Patrick J. Lyons. Her parents were Peter Moore and Catherine McGee. Peter's parents were William Moore and Ann Gorman. Catherine's parents were Michael McGee and Mary Meaney.

Where in Avondale did Lucy's brother Dan Moore live.

Do you or a family member have any information on my great grandmother Lucy Moore. I.e. year of death or where she lived her life after 1896.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:40 pm 

Hi Gerry & Pete.

Any updates on this thread. My family was also Moore's from Salmon Cove, Harbour Main, Cats Cove. Wouild like to connect with you.

Paul Moore
paul.moore@ns.sympatico.ca

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:12 pm 

To add a bit more, my GGF was William (3) Moore (b 1845) to William (2) Moore and Ann Gorman.

William (3) married Martha Ezekiel 24-Nov-1875 http://ngb.chebucto.org/Parish/hrmain_grooms_h-m.shtml

Bride: EZEKIEL Martha Hr. Main
Groom: MOORE William Salmon Cove
Nov 24, 1875
Rev. Patrick O'Donnell
Witnesses: John Devereaux & Mary Moore

WILLIAM 2 MOORE died 31 Aug 1885 in Holyrood, Newfoundland. He married ANN GORMAN Abt. 1840, daughter of MICHAEL GORMAN and GRACE LACOUR. She was born 1814, and died 1899 in Avondale Cemetery.

Notes for ANN GORMAN:
Feb 6, 1899 Avondale La Grippe MOORE Anne Roman Catholic 85 years Avondale Avondale

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames