Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Vincent's, Roberts', Simms', Winsor/Windsor', Henstridge's o
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:30 pm 

I am
...the great-great-great granddaughter of Vincent Point (now Triton) resident William (born 1830 in England, died 1910 @ Triton) and Anne (nee Kates or Keats, died 1878 ) Vincent
...the great-great-great granddaughter of Jim's Cove (now Triton) merchant Johnny (born 1853, died 1941) and Charlotte (nee Boyde, born 1853 @ Tizzard's Harbour)) Roberts who's family originally lived in Twillingate (and apparently was from a merchant family there)
...the great-great-great granddaughter of George Simms who moved from the Twillingate area to Card's Harbour (now Triton). I am interested in info of Archibald Simms who lived in Triton East during the same era (and if there is a family connection between the two)
....the great-great-great-great-great granddaughter of George (born 1780 in Devon England) and Mary (nee Cole, born 1791, died 1862) Winsor. Acccording to family oral historyv George and his brothers were forced out of England for poaching deer and came to Newfoundland
.....the great-great-great-great granddaughter of William (born 1819, died 1910) and martha (nee Pride, born 1828, died 1919) Henstridge

Any Info on these names and/or any other surname from the Vincent's Point/Triton/Jim's Cove/Card's Harbour area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Vincent's, Roberts', Simms', Winsor/Windsor', Henstridge
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:58 pm 

We have many of the same family mbrs.

I am the 3rd great granddaughter William & Ann(e) Vincent (nee Kates/Keats), through their sons Noah(Emma Jane Stoodley) and Henry(Lavinia A. Budgell)

I believe that I am George Winsor(Mary Cole) 5th great granddaughter

I am the 3rd great granddaughter of Archibald W. Simms(Lavinia Parsons)

I have a lot of information as I have been researching since 1990s some of it I have no idea where it came from and if it is all correct. I have now begun to research again looking for proof(either docs or personal information)

Would love to get in touch to see how we are connected and to share information

Brada
familytree402@hotmail.com

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames