Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Morrissey, Rose from Holyrood
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:42 pm 

My Grandmother Rose Morrissey was born in 1884 in Holyrood. She was one of 9 born there.
Maude was 8 and Angela was 5 when they died of Branchitis. Catherine, Mary, William, Helena, Gertrude and Andrew were the others. Their parents were Peter Morrissey and Katherine (Furey)The Grand parents were John Morrissey and Margaret (Moore) The parents of Katherine were Thomas Furey and Ellen Furey (Murphy)
John and Margaret had 7 children, Ellen, Thomas, William, Patrick, John, Bridget and Peter.
I am hoping to get more information on any of the names listed for a family tree to leave to my kids and grandkids..and so far two great grandkids. Please leave message here or
e-mail at fsmith215@cogeco.ca Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Morrissey, Rose from Holyrood
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:07 am 

My great great grandmother is Ellen Morrissey. I would love some more info on her and John and Margaret. Ellen's son Patrick (with husband Thomas Dunphy) is my great grandfather. I didn't have her siblings names so thanks for that already. Let's share info, you can email me if you would rather do that than post here! Look forward to hearing more! Kathie

Post subject: Re: Morrissey, Rose from Holyrood
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:45 pm 

I am noting this post to go back to this. My Great grandfather was a William Morrissey, born around 1864. He might not be related to this line, since I thought his parents were Patrick and Mary Ann. My William married an Eliza Frances Ryan from Grace Harbour.
Beth

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames