Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Re: Angel Family of Petty Harbour & St. John's
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:01 am 

Hello
I have info on Michael Scurry and Johan Boland. Will provide details in a week or so as I do not have access to the info right now
Pat

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:04 am 

Thank you so much.

DeeDee

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:02 pm 

Hello Folks:
I am posting the following as there continues to be interest in this Message Thread that Trishe started so many years ago.

So this is for anyone interested in the Angells of Petty Harbour

The Family History Society of NL FHSNL.CA continues its monthly meetings, albeit virtually. This is a good thing as now anyone from anywhere can attend. Meetings are open to the public. After a few opening remarks from Fred Smith, our President, someone presents on a topic from their research. This month I will be presenting The Angells of Petty Harbour.

Here is a summary of my talk, followed by information on how to join the meeting.

Join us if you want!

Samuel and Sarah Angel and their family settled in Petty Harbour NL as early as 1710 and though church records were not captured in that era, they left quite the paper trail which documents their time there. Pat Angel will speak about his research efforts to discover this paper trail and explain what he learned about his first generation of Angells in Petty Harbour. Then he will “briefly” follow forward each of the branches of the family tree planted by Samuel and Sarah Angell. He will comment on each of the families, especially where possible, their female descendants.

Date: Tuesday February 23, 2021 starting at 7:30 PM NST. (6 PM EST)

It is recommended you connect prior to 7:30, in case you need to install software, or just in case you need some time in general to walk through the steps of getting connected.
You can begin connecting 30 minutes beforehand.

The link for members of the public to participate is:

https://mun.webex.com/mun/onstage/g.php ... 158b9a8822" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If prompted for a password, it is: genealogy

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames