Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Sullivan,Corbetts, Gushues of Harbor Main
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:24 pm 

Hi
I'm looking for any info on the Sullivan's or Gushues of Salmon Cove and Cabot Cove Harbor Main District. My Greatgrandfather was Patrick Sullivan born in Salmon Cove around 1830. He married a Rachel Gushue of Bacon Cove. He died in Feb 1893 in a fire along with three of his children. What Iam really interested in is finding some details of the fire. But I keep running into dead ends. The vital statitics records show that they were buried in Salmon Cove. They were Catholic . Does anyone know the name of the cemetery they would most likely be in?? Thanks for any help or leads anyone can give me - And happy hunting with your own family roots.

Ruth

Post subject: Re: Sullivan,Corbetts, Gushues of Harbor Main
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:14 pm 

The Salmon Cove referenced in the Vital Statistics is actually Avondale. The name was changed January 1898. There have been a number of transcriptions of the cemeteries in Avondale but none of them show the Sullivans you're looking for, so it's likely that the grave markers have been lost over time.

Vital Records
Register of Deaths
Book 2
1892-1894
DISTRICT OF HARBOUR MAIN
PAGES 31 - 38

Date of Death Place of Death Cause of Death Surname Given Names Religious Denomination Trade or Occupation Age Place of Birth Place of Internment

Feb 8 Chapel Cove Fire SULLIVAN Patrick Roman Catholic Fisherman 53 years Chapel Cove Salmon Cove
Feb 8 Chapel Cove Fire SULLIVAN Mary Roman Catholic 12 years Chapel Cove Salmon Cove
Feb 8 Chapel Cove Fire SULLIVAN Rachel Roman Catholic 9 years Chapel Cove Salmon Cove
Feb 8 Chapel Cove Fire SULLIVAN Charles Roman Catholic 5 years Chapel Cove Salmon Cove

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames