Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: PARSONS / KEND(A/E)LL, Codroy, Millville, Woodville
 Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:58 pm 

Hi all;
My grandfather Llewelyn PARSONS b. 1900 Codroy, NL to James PARSONS & Lydia KEND(A/E)LL. Lydia died in childbirth in 1904. James then remarried to Phoebe KEND(A/E)LL. The query is ... who was Phoebe? She had children when she married James. Therefore, was she Lydia's sister, sister-in-law, aunt or cousin? As far as we know, Lydia only had one brother, Luke who married Ann ????. According to my grandfather she was the evil stepmother personified, so much so, that my grandfather and one of Phoebe's boys, Rueben, left Newfoundland when he was only 13 and vowed not to reurn until she was dead, a vow he kept.
Lydia's parents were Samuel KEND(A/E)LL and Ann DONOVAN.
Any info or connections are most welcome.
Al Parsons
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada

Post subject: Re: PARSONS / KEND(A/E)LL, Codroy, Millville, Woodville
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:35 pm 

According to our records Sam Kendell and Ann Donovan had a daughter named Phoebe,and she was married to James Parsons.If your records are correct then it would seem that Lydia Kendell and Phoebe Kendell were sisters.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:16 pm 

Hi Al
My grandfather was Alfred Parsons, brother to lew. My father told me that Phobe was a sister to Lydia. Alfred Parsons was 8 years old when his mother (Lydia) died. If you wouldn't mind would you tell me your fathers name. My father is Gordon. I was asking him about this and he was wondering who your father is. We know that Marie just passed away. dad has a very good memory and is 86 years old. Are you lucky enough to still have your father? If you would like to ask him anything just let me know. here or you can email cjlgale@yahoo.ca

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:40 pm 

Hi Al
I was just talking to my grandfather Ben Parsons (Alfred's son). Llewelyn was his Uncle. He asked if your father was Garnet? My grandfather spent some time in NS with your grandfather Llewelyn. When he was about 15 your grandmother (Mary?) was in Codroy and asked him to to go to NS for a visit. He said that he was back and forth quite often from then on. He lived with your grandparents for a time and was quite close to them. My grandfather and Garnet were quite good friends. He thinks that you may have been about 7 or 8 the last time that he saw you.
Crystal

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:25 am 

Hello Cousins;
My dad passed away 18 Dec 2000, his name was Garnet. If Ben last saw me when I was 7 or 8, it would have been not long before we moved to British Columbia. Mary was my grandmother. Marie passed away in Jan 2012 and her daughter Glynis just passed away last week. I would like to know the maiden names of Amelia (Amrose's b abt 1826 wife) and Marion (William's b abt 1794-1800 wife)
Crystal you and I are 2nd Cousins 1x removed and Jessie, you and I are 2nd cousins, which makes you two 1st cousins 1x removed!
ldmoore-kendell; I would like to know more about the KEND(A/E)LL / DONOVAN lines and how we are related.

Al Parsons
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:06 am 

I have Lydia Kendell's parents as
Samuel Kendell b. 1819 d. 1903
Ann Dunovan b. 1827 d. 1906

And Samuel Kendell's parents as
John Kendell b. 1790
Susannah

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am 

I'm also related to Samual Kendell. He was my great great grandfather. My records show they had 12 children. Lydia was married to James Parsons and after her death, 11 Nov 1904, he married her sister Phoebe. I'm missing information on their children. I would also like to find more information on Samual and Ann, and Samual's son Samual. Any assistance would be welcomed.

Kendell

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:44 pm 

I have a Louisa Nash, d/o of Charles Nash and Susanna Kendell. Louisa was born Oct. 31,1864 in Bay d'Est. Does anyone know if this Susanna Kendell is related to the above Kendells and how? Who are Susanna Kendell's parents?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:00 am 

The Suzannah you are asking about is the daughter of Mary ??? and Robert Kendle//Kendall.

Suzannah Kendell BORN: 1833 in Round Harbour
There is no birth date given only that she was baptized on April 19, 1835 at the age of 2 years. This is listed in the Register of Baptisms in the Parish of St. Thomas, District St. John's.
BUT
There is another Record in the Register of Baptisms in the Parish of Grand Bank, District Burin. This record says she was born July 20th, 1833. I thinks this is the correct one to use.
Siblings: Charity, Jane, Mary, Elizabeth and William. I am descended from William.

Susannah KENDLE marries Charles NASH Sept. 10th, 1850. I have 5 children listed for them, one of which is Louisa. Louisa married William Mullins Sept. 7, 1890 at Pushthrough. Both Louisa and William are buried in the Morrisville, Bay d'Espoir old cemetery near their son Alexander.

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames