Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Shallow
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:28 pm 
Expert Member
Expert Member

Looking for info on Mary Ann Shallow b. abt. 1824 Fermeuse,NL. Her parents were Patrick Shallow and Catherine Ricketts. Mary Ann Shallow married Joseph Buckle of Forteau, Labrador on July 31, 1848 at Forteau Labrador. Looking for Birthdates and Places of Birth for her parents Patrick Shallow and Catherine Ricketts. Also any info that can take me back the line of both parents.

Thanks in Advance.

Post subject: Re: Shallow
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:19 pm 
Expert Member
Expert Member

Len wrote:
Looking for info on Mary Ann Shallow b. abt. 1824 Fermeuse,NL. Her parents were Patrick Shallow and Catherine Ricketts. Mary Ann Shallow married Joseph Buckle of Forteau, Labrador on July 31, 1848 at Forteau Labrador. Looking for Birthdates and Places of Birth for her parents Patrick Shallow and Catherine Ricketts. Also any info that can take me back the line of both parents.

Thanks in Advance.

bump ahead

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:44 pm 

Mary Ann Shallow's parents were Richard Shallow and Catherine Doolin. They lived in Clare's Cove/Fermeuse. Most of the Shallows emigrate dto New England and Mike Xhallow of Grand Falls was the only and most recent resident of the province. Mary Ann would have been his Aunt. Mike's father was Samuel and his mother Ellen Keough. Both ellen and Sam died in Boston and are buried there. Mary Ann also had a brother Andrew who also lived in Boston.
There were several other family members.

Would like to continue this conversation.
Paul Shallow
Marystown

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:40 am 
Expert Member
Expert Member

pshallow wrote:
Mary Ann Shallow's parents were Richard Shallow and Catherine Doolin. They lived in Clare's Cove/Fermeuse. Most of the Shallows emigrate dto New England and Mike Xhallow of Grand Falls was the only and most recent resident of the province. Mary Ann would have been his Aunt. Mike's father was Samuel and his mother Ellen Keough. Both ellen and Sam died in Boston and are buried there. Mary Ann also had a brother Andrew who also lived in Boston.

Paul Shallow
Marystown

Are you talking about the same Mary Ann Shallow who married Joseph Buckle of Forteau Lab.?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:50 pm 

Hi Len,
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. This lady, Mary Ann Shallow, was born in 1824 in Clares Cove/Fermeusa. As far as I can ascertain she went to Labrador as a cook on a fishing boat and married there and stayed. She married a Buckle man from Forteau. I've had this conversation with the late Rev Francis Buckle and we concluded that this women and the lady your post was about are the same person.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:35 pm 
Expert Member
Expert Member

Thank you for that conclusive information. Mary Ann Shallow is my GGGrandmother as my mother is a BUCKLE from Forteau, Lab.
I am trying to get the family history as far back as I can of Mary Ann Shallow. I found a family tree years ago,unable to find it now, that had Patrick Shallow and Catherine Ricketts as her parents.
I can't get any other info other than what you have given me which has different parents for her.
Thank you again for that info.

Len

Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:58 pm 
Expert Member
Expert Member

pshallow wrote:

Paul Shallow
Marystown

Hi Paul;

Anything new on the Shallow Family Tree?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:34 am 
Expert Member
Expert Member

I have found a Marriage at the R C Basilica at St John's ; Nov 22,1815 for Richard Shallow,no address given and Margaret Doolan, no address given.
Last bumped by Len on Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:34 am.

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames