Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: PARSONS
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:05 pm 

Looking for any information on PARSONS from OCHRE PIT COVE. My Grandfather WILLIAM PARSONS was born there (married LOIS GREENLAW from CABONEAR). He had 3 siblings FRANK, MILTON & LAURA.

I come from a family of 5 generations of WILLIAM PARSONS, the 1st and oldest WILLIAM I have no information on except that he married EMMA BESSIE.

Post subject: Re: PARSONS
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:24 pm 

Hello, my husband's great grandmother is Mary Ann "Annie" Parsons from Ochre Pit Cove. All we know according to the Blackhead-Methodist Parish Marriage Records (1842-1861) is that she married a William Jenkins from Western Bay on 14 Dec 1860. We do not have any information on her parents or family. Do you have any additional information on the Parson's from Ochre Pit Cove? or know the best resource to search information? Warm regards.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:14 pm 

Hello,
I am currently researching the Jacksons of Lower Island Cove. I have the following information that may/may not relate to your PARSONS:

My GG Grand Father, Alexander Jackson's father is Henry Jackson - of Lower Island Cove. Henry Married Carolina Garland -Her parents were James Garland and Julia Ann PARSONS (1795-1870 of Ochre Pit Cove) They were married on 15 DEC 1826 (Newfoundland Grand Banks marriage/birth records 1817-1833, Garland, James & Julia Ann marriage record). They had the following children:

Elizabeth
Sarah
Carolina
Henry
Stephen
George
Samuel

Hope this is of some assistance.

kj

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:46 pm 

Hello group,

I'm looking for a bit of information about the Parson's of the St. John's area. My ggg-grandfather, John Henry (JC) Parsons (b. 1806-1814, d. 25 January 1871) may have lived in Newfoundland before immigrating to the United States (first New York, and ultimately Philadelphia) by the 1840's. His father was probably a certain Jonathan Parsons, who I understand was a famous watchmaker in St. John's. Jonathan, and for that matter, John Henry, may very well have been born in England before coming to Canada. Does anyone have any further information on this Parson's line? My email address is southern_dude21@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Tim

Post subject: UPDATE: Parson's of Harbour Grace and St. John's
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:12 pm 

After some further information, here's what I got now. Any one else have further info?

I'm looking for a bit of information about the Parson's of the St. John's area. My ggg-grandfather, "Henry" (John C.) Parsons (b. 1806-1814, d. 25 January 1871) was born in St. John's, Nfld. Henry was known to be a cabinet-maker, and immigrated to the United States (first New York, and ultimately Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) by the 1840's, and died in Philadelphia. His father was Jonathan Parsons (approx. 1777-1831), originally of Harbour Grace. And his mother was (Mary) Charlotte Butler (approx. 1787-1838). In particular, I'm trying to find out if this Henry Parsons is the same man who first married Harriet Bearns in Nfld, only to later divorce her in the US and then marry Mary Swan Tunison. Henry and Mary had a son named "Harry" (Henry) (1858-1943). I'm trying to find out if Henry Sr.'s parents are indeed Jonathan and Charlotte. Thanks for any info you may have!

Tim

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames