Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Parsons of Country Road, Bay Roberts
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:31 pm 

Hi,
I am trying to find someone who has researched the Parsons that settled in Bay Roberts specifically Country Rd. I KNOW that there was a Matthew Parsons who lived there in 1921 (think he died at advanced age in 1927) I KNOW his sons were Thomas(could have been a William Thomas Parsons) and I KNOW a Francis Parsons was his son (born around 1880-1890) I also think Matthew had a sister Victoria. I do not know much else (I think the records from the Methodist church were burned in that area), Matthew could be from Butlerville as well. I think Matthew may have had a brother John. There are a few names common in the 1894 directory, John, Jon'thn, William and Joseph all from Country Road (just have to figure out who is sons and fathers and brothers, haha). I found a Matthew married to a Harriet on Country rd who had 2 daughters Susannah and Annie Mary around the same time frame too. I am looking at Methodist as thats what Francis was (and the 2 girls who maybe his sisters) But I also wonder how much change was happening with regards to Religion at that time. I also am guessing that since they were Methodist, they were most likely from England and not Ireland? But I am fairly new to this so any help is appreciated.

I wonder if there is anyone who knows or has researched the Parsons of Country rd and knows anymore. I hope that someone has some info on these Parsons.
thanks

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames