Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » General Discussion

Post subject: Certificates of Registration of Death
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:52 pm 

After coming across Certificate of Registration of Death images for some deaths from the mid to late 1940s on Family Search, I was hoping that copies of these certificates would be available for earlier deaths. The aspect of this form that piqued my interest was having a person's age recorded in year, months and days.

Since my great-grandmother Jessie (nee Norman) Carivan's birth appears not to have been registered, I was hoping to use this form to calculate her year of birth and to determine what was her correct age at death. Jessie' s age on her headstone says she was 49, but in the Vital Records-Register of Deaths her age is 50. From the 1921 Census, I know she was born in August.

If this form is not available for research, are there other records (i.e. town clerk) that would have recorded the age in years, months, and days and are available to help answer this question? Any and all information or leads will be greatly appreciated. Thanx for all you do.

Yours in genealogy,
Mark

Post subject: Re: Certificates of Registration of Death
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:37 pm 

Re Jessie Norman
As you are certain that Jessie was born in the month of August here is a link to a Salvation Army birth certificate. The document is found under delayed birth registrations on familysearch.org. States...Jessie Norman was born 31 August, 1901 in Catalina. Parents E. J. Norman and Carrie Norman

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 3AF2XP-LS3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is no death year in your post so I'm not sure if this birth record is in the correct time frame.
L. Moss

Post subject: Re: Certificates of Registration of Death
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:12 pm 

Dear L. Moss,

Thank you for the information. This Jessie is not mine. My Jessie died 26 February 1923 in Bay Roberts and her parents were Edward Norman and Patience French. I located her parents' names when researching her siblings listed in her obituary. Thanx again.

Yours in genealogy,
Mark

Board index » General » General Discussion