Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » General Discussion

Post subject: How to find family that has been adopted?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:51 pm 

Im in desperate need of help. I have hit a dead end and can't seem to further my search. My great grandfather was adopted from an unknown orphanage, I have his parents names...but how to find descendants of his biological family? Any suggestions please :P

Post subject: Re: How to find family that has been adopted?
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:27 am 

Hi Hun,

Maybe try and post the info on here and someone might have what you are looking for. ;)

I have an adopted boy in my family and we know nothing of his family history and would love to connect the pieces. His name was Nathaniel Hussey b: 1929 and my g-grandfather Eli Clarke of Broad Cove adopted him.

I would love to share what I know with his family and learn all I can about his.

Dianne Clarke-Bishop

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:26 pm 

Hello my name is ED. I was adopted in 1948 after my birth mother died in Ottawa Ontario Canada. The only information I had was that my birth mother was born in Newfoundland and went by the name Belle. I tried The Childrens Aid Society in Ottawa as I thought they had handled the adoption process. They gave me a write up on myself and my birth family but would not give me any names, only the year of my mothers birth and death along with her siblings, their sex and year of birth. They told me my mother had never married and admit they know my fathers name but will not or cannot release it to me. I searched Newfoundland census information looking for a family that had children of the same sex and year of birth. This process took me over a year but I was able to find a family that fit. After badgering the childrens aid I got info on what cemetery she was buried in and from that got the location of where she was buried from the cemetery.
I have met my birth uncle(the last survivor of he and his siblings) he is 95 and a very nice gentleman. Unfortunately his memory is a bit shaky. I have met his children(my cousins) and cominicate with them.
All in all it has been quite a job but really worth every bit of it. I shall continue to try to find my fathers name and information.

Anyone doing this for their own info I wish you well and ensure you that the finish is worth the chase. Good luck.

Ed

Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:56 am 

Hi Ed,

I'm so glad you found family and I wish you luck with your search for you father. I hope you find him. We all need to know our roots.

I found my connection with the little boy my g-grandfather adopted. It was his wife's sister's child. She had died in childbirth. It was wonderful learning about my g-grandmothers family who I knew so little about until lately.

I wish you well,

Dianne Clarke-Bishop

Board index » General » General Discussion