Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » General Discussion

Post subject: HELP PLS! I'm desperate -- Dawe's of Clarke's Beach
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:07 pm 

Hi there. :)

My name is Nicole and I live in Ontario. In October 2017, my poppy passed away. His name was Fred Dawe and he was born in Clarke's Beach. He had been battling Alzheimers for years, and with him, much of my family Dawe history died too. He had brothers named Walter, Charlie, Allan, William and Edward, and three sisters named Florence (Floss), Laura and Jessie. Their father's name was Charles Dawe (b. approx 1895 in Clarke's Beach) and his mothers was Miriam Boone. Charles' parents names were Edward Dawe (b. approx 1852 in ???) and his mother's name was Cora Pye or Adams (b. approx 1860). I believe Edward had a sister that his son Charles called Aunt Polly. She was married to a William Mugford.

I cannot find any information on Edward and Cora at all, or beyond, and I am desperate. I want to know my family and I haven't anyone to tell me anything. I have one living Dawe relative in Newfoundland, who knows nothing.

My Dawe family had a house on Hill Avenue by Dawe's Crescent. It was recently torn down, but it was built over 100 years ago.

IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING, EVEN IF YOU ARE A COUSIN, ANY INFORMATION WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO ME. THIS INFORMATION IS A PIECE OF MY NOW DECEASED POPPY THAT WILL HELP HIS MEMORY AND MY FAMILY'S MEMORY LIVE ON.

Nicole Dawe

Post subject: Re: HELP PLS! I'm desperate -- Dawe's of Clarke's Beach
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:06 am 

Hello Nicole,

Edward Dawe married Corah Pye on 8 June 1882 at the United Church in Cupids. Edward was a fisherman and residing in Clarke's Beach. Cora was residing in The Gullies. The witnesses were Charles and Mary Ann Dawe. The three children that I have located are: Edmund (born 17 Nov 1888/bpt 18 April 1888), Josiah (born 24 April 1891/bpt 12 July 1891), and Charles Frederick (born 20 Sept 1893/bpt 21 Sept 1893). They were all born in Clarke's Beach.

Cora died 23 November 1904 in Clarke's Beach at 45 years old from tuberculosis. Her place of birth was listed as Brigus and her place of interment was listed as Cupids.

I hope this information helps fill in some of the blanks in your family history.

Yours in genealogy,
Mark

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:42 am 

Hello Nicole,

One more quick piece of information. Charles Dawe (23) married Merian Boone (19) on 19 Nov 1919 in Clarke's Beach. Charles' occupation was fishing and their residence was Clarke's Beach. The witnesses were Edward and Ethel Dawe and they were married by Captain Porter. The marriage was registered by Lt. Col. Adby.

Yours in genealogy,
Mark

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:21 am 

MassachusettsNewfie wrote:
Hello Nicole,

Edward Dawe married Corah Pye on 8 June 1882 at the United Church in Cupids. Edward was a fisherman and residing in Clarke's Beach. Cora was residing in The Gullies. The witnesses were Charles and Mary Ann Dawe. The three children that I have located are: Edmund (born 17 Nov 1888/bpt 18 April 1888), Josiah (born 24 April 1891/bpt 12 July 1891), and Charles Frederick (born 20 Sept 1893/bpt 21 Sept 1893). They were all born in Clarke's Beach.

Cora died 23 November 1904 in Clarke's Beach at 45 years old from tuberculosis. Her place of birth was listed as Brigus and her place of interment was listed as Cupids.

I hope this information helps fill in some of the blanks in your family history.

Yours in genealogy,
Mark

Thanks for responding, Mark. It is very much appreciated.

Where did you find your information? Did you find it via ngb? It filled in a few blanks, but I'm still having a horrible time trying to place Edward's birth and his parents. You wouldn't happen to have any insight as to where he was born or who his parents are would you? Or do you have any idea as to how I can go about finding that information. There are so many Dawe's and I don't know which family Edward belongs too. I've been told that he had a sister that married a William Fillier of Clarke's Beach and another that married a Bill Mugford. No luck on those ends for me, however.

Kind regards,

Nicole

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:22 am 

Hello Nicole,

I located some of the information on Family Search. Most of the records are similar to what is available on this site, but they do have images of most of the the transcribed records for people to view. I am trying to verify some more information before I post it. It is definitely not an easy process. I also know that there are some church records that are only available at The Rooms in St. John's or at the various churches.

Yours in genealogy,
Mark

Board index » General » General Discussion