Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » General Discussion

Post subject: Furlong Search
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:57 pm 

I am looking for information about Bridget Furlong from Newfoundland. She married Michael Nearing from Cape Breton. I believe her mother's name was Bridget Welsh or Walsh. If anyone can lead me in the right direction I would be so grateful. She was my great-great-grandmother. Sorry, I have limited information about this family. :?:

Post subject: Re: Furlong Search
 Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:17 am 

A Bridget Furlong married a Michael Aerian?? in Sydney on May 10, 1867. She was age 22 and he was 27. He was the son of Michael Aerian and Susan Hall and she was the daughter of John Furlong and Bridget Welsh from St. John's. This marriage is listed at the Nova Scotia Historical Statistics(www.novascotiagenealogy.com) at Year 1866; Book 1804; Page 18; Number 97

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:51 am 

I have this info. That's all I can seem to find on her. I'm trying to find out info on her parents as well. Seems so hard to track anything down.

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:54 pm 

Hi there:

I may have the info you are seeking?

In my quest to discover my Furlong family I recorded many Furlong marriages and baptisms in St. John's. So I checked my notes to see what I had for the names your researching.

I do not think your John Furlong is connected to my John Furlong(could be cousins I suppose) but here is what I have: Some of the following comments are my notes and not taken directly from the registries.

1827 November 04: MARRIED at St. John’s
John Furlong of Kilmore Co Wexford and Bridget Walsh of St. John’s; witness Josh Carroll and Margaret Kavanagh; St. John’s and other areas 1825 – 1833 #647; not available on line

1844 May 11: Baptized
Furlong, Bridget; parents John Furlong and Bridget Walsh; sponsors William Sinnott and Margaret Dunphy; Basilica Baptisms 1840 – 1848; page 322; on line image 58/223; (misplaced index page 31/196)

I have at least 7 other baptisms for John and Bridget and could send them along; if you are interested. Maybe this is not the family you are researching??

Let me know if you are interested in the other baptisms:

Pat

Board index » General » General Discussion