Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » General Discussion

Post subject: Parish Records at the Archives
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:39 am 

Perhaps someone could help me with a question regarding parish records. If I don't find a record online, say on NGB or familysearch.org, does that mean the record does not exist, or has it simply not been scanned and uploaded? Have all the records been digitized, or is it worth my while to order a search at the Rooms for a marriage or baptism record if I haven't been able to find it yet online?
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Parish Records at the Archives
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:46 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Not all the church records at the room have been put on Family Search or NGB, Petites Methodist marriage records were never photographed by Family Search and the Channel C of E records are mostly not photographed by Family Search. None of the death records were photographed. If you go to "The Rooms" website you can get an index of the places and the years that they have.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:18 pm 

Thank you Cameha.
I am trying to track down a marriage record from Carbonear, c. 1830s. I appreciate you letting me know.

Thanks again,
Stephen Baker

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:10 am 

It appears all of the Carbonear Anglican records have not been scanned (or at least made available online) either. The only children of Sam Baker and wife Jane Pelley of that town whose bap records are online are Methodist from 1816 & 1819. For years I believed them to be the only 2 born to them (John and Mary).
Then Jill Marshall was kind enough to take a look at the Anglican records at the archives and found 4 more born to them in the 1820s and 1830s. I can't seem to get any info as to if and when these records will become available.

Board index » General » General Discussion