Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » General Discussion

Post subject: photographs
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:02 pm 

I was given pictures of my grandfather's family (Chaulk from Elliston). I do not know who they are. Is there a way to put pictures on this site to see if anyone recognizes them?

Post subject: Re: photographs
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:30 pm 

ACCEPTABLE ITEMS

Newfoundland's Grand Banks Genealogy Site welcomes transcriptions of any additional genealogy material that is of general interest and not of a copyrighted nature. "Copyrighted material can only be posted if permission is included from either the owner or the publisher who holds the current copyright to the item". Personal Family Trees/Histories, as such, will not be accepted for posting on the site. However, a "Personal Home Pages" area has been set aside for linking to your own genealogy page, if you require. Such pages should be limited to Newfoundland genealogy and contain no advertising.

For photos, our policy is to accept those of genealogical significance (people, buildings, etc.), if they are 50 years or older. Occasional exceptions are made for other relevant photos, but we must keep them to a minimum as photos take up a significant amount of disk space on the Site's server. Photos of headstones would be excepted from this policy. Also, please include some information with each district photo (i.e. what it is, why it is relevant, dates, names, places, etc.). To be accepted, you must own the original copy or have a copyright release from the person who does.

If anyone would like to contribute material to this site that could be used to help other people in researching for their family histories, please feel free to e-mail one of us by using the [CONTACT] button at the bottom of any page.

There is a contact button at the bottom of the home page

Board index » General » General Discussion