Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » General Discussion

Post subject: Nina, Hettie and Otto Osmond, Exploits Island
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:18 pm 

Looking for any relatives of Nina Osmond or her sister Henrietta (Hettie) or brother Otto. They were born in Moretons Harbour - Nina in 1894, mother was Margaret (Maggie) and is buried on Exploits Island. Nina and Otto bought the Manual premises in Exploits in the 1930's and operated as merchants under the firm of N & O Osmond. Last bit of info. I could find is the 1945 census which lists Hettie and Nina as residents of Exploits. Neither woman had children that I could find, there were other brothers named Ray and Doug as well. Any one that has info. or is related, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Andy Short

Post subject: Re: Nina, Hettie and Otto Osmond, Exploits Island
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:22 pm 

I believe that Otto, Nina & Hettie are children of Joseph Baine Osmond & Margaret Tucker. I do not have immediate access st this time to this family tree. I believe that Joseph & Margaret had 10-12 children including Otto, Nina, Hettie, Ray & Douglas that you listed. Hettie & Nina are buried in Mount Pleasant Protestant Cemetery, St. John's. If memory serves me correctly, Joseph Baine is the s/o Mark Osmond & his first wife, Caroline Stoneman. Can possibly go back another couple of generations but not at this time. Please let me know if you are interested.

Post subject: Re: Nina, Hettie and Otto Osmond, Exploits Island
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:03 pm 
Expert Member
Expert Member

Yes, children I have listed for Joseph Baine Osmond and Margaret Ann Tucker include:
1. Mark Osmond.
2. Henrietta Osmond.
3. Winifred Maria Osmond.
4. Ernest Henry Tucker Osmond.
5. Charlie Worral Osmond.
6. George Kenneth Osmond.
7. Douglas McNeil Osmond.
8. Nina Osmond.
9. Raymond William Osmond.
10. Dorothy Osmond.
11. Otto Oliver Osmond.

Joseph Baine Osmond died at the Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec in November 1919 as a result of complications from cancer and pneumonia. His widowed wife, Margaret Ann Tucker, was buried in 1932 at Exploits, Notre Dame Bay.

Board index » General » General Discussion