Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » General Discussion

Post subject: Prosper Garcin - WW1
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:41 pm 

My mother's great grandfather Prosper Garcin, born in St. Malo France and moved to Rose Blanche, Nfld. was in WW1. His name is in the www.memorial-genweb.org site. I would like to know how I would go about getting a copy of his enlistment papers and a photo of him. Hope somebody can help.
Jim

Post subject: Re: Prosper Garcin - WW1
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:50 pm 

http://www.themilitarymuseums.ca/ww1-service-records" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/m ... force.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here are a couple of web sites you might check. I also checked in ancestery and they had his record of ship owner. I will attach in case you do not have it.

Sent from Windows Mail

Name:
Prosper Garcin
Record Type:
Owner
Residence Place:
Rose Blanche, Southast, Newfoundland, Canada
Merchant
Vessel Name:
Doris
Vessel Type:
Schooner
Vessel Registration Number:
S904018
Vessel Registration Place:
Newfoundland (all ports)
Year Vessel Constructed:
Crew Number:
Was Owner the Builder?:
Yes
Shares:

Save This Record
Attach this record to a person in your tree as a source record, or save for later evaluation.
Save

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. Canada, Seafarers of the Atlantic Provinces, 1789-1935 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2014.
Original data: Index of Surnames from the Ships and Seafarers of Atlantic Canada.CD-ROM. Maritime History Archive, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada.
Index of Surnames from the Ships and Seafarers of Atlantic Canada, CD-ROM. St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada: Maritime History Archive, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 1998.

Description:
Discover your maritime heritage in this collection of ships and sailors from Newfoundland’s Maritime History Archive. Learn more...

Name:
Prosper Garcin
Record Type:
Owner
Residence Place:
Rose Blanche, Southast, Newfoundland, Canada
Merchant
Vessel Name:
Unique
Vessel Type:
Schooner
Vessel Registration Number:
S888097
Vessel Registration Place:
Newfoundland (all ports)
Year Vessel Constructed:
Crew Number:
Was Owner the Builder?:
Yes
Shares:

Save This Record
Attach this record to a person in your tree as a source record, or save for later evaluation.
Save

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. Canada, Seafarers of the Atlantic Provinces, 1789-1935 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2014.
Original data: Index of Surnames from the Ships and Seafarers of Atlantic Canada.CD-ROM. Maritime History Archive, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada.
Index of Surnames from the Ships and Seafarers of Atlantic Canada, CD-ROM. St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada: Maritime History Archive, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 1998.

Description:
Discover your maritime heritage in this collection of ships and sailors from Newfoundland’s Maritime History Archive. Learn more...

Board index » General » General Discussion