Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » General Discussion

Post subject: Joseph Jeffers Moores and Mary Charlotte Moores (nee Kellowa
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:43 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Does anyone know why Mary Charlotte and Joseph Jeffers Moores both died on the same day,
Aug 5, 1904 ......was there an accident? There is no mention of why they died and being my
great grandparents I would like to know....If anyone can help with this I would truly appreciate it...
Thanks, karendavis65

Post subject: Re: Joseph Jeffers Moores and Mary Charlotte Moores (nee Kel
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:54 pm 

Karen, Are you sure they died on the same day?
I did find a transcription for a cemetery in Freshwater that listed the two of them but when I checked the Family History cemetery transcriptions for Freshwater, I only found Mary Charlotte.
Then I found this in Bay de Verde vital records death register August 7 1904 Moores, Mary C age 44 cause of death insanity. Still no Joseph though.
Barbara

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:43 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Barbara, This is what I had found before in the Cementary records for Bay DeVerde/ Freshwater areas ....will check again...but so far that is what I had.... and it seemed weird to me that they both died on the same day......I found them in the old uc cementary of Freshwater.

Freshwater Old UC Cemetery
Freshwater
Carbonear District

Name Dod age spouse
Moores, Joseph J Aug 5, 1904 44 Mary Charlotte

Moores Mary Char(lott)e   Aug 5, 1904 44 Joseph J

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:56 pm 

Yes I saw that but the transcription here http://nl.canadagenweb.org/cbcarb_cem_f ... united.htm
only has one Joseph Moores and he died in 1909 age 71. I think there was a mixup. Mary Charlotte's headstone says she is the wife of Joseph Moores. Looks like at some point Joseph was listed as sharing the grave instead. My inlaws are down on a transcription as having died the same year when actually they died 5 years apart. Mistakes are so easy when you are copying so much info.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:14 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Barbara,
Yes I know what you mean, but there are two Joseph Moores...one is listed as just Joseph,
and the other Mary Charlotte's husband - my great grandfather, was listed as Joseph J or Joseph Jeffers....in the uc cemetary of Freshwater...where most of my dad's family was from ...although some came from Bay DeVerde and others from Clown's Cove....he is listed as Joseph J which is Mary Charlotte's husband.
As you can see he is listed as dying the same day....Also, if you look carefully you will see they list Mary C as dying on the 7th of Aug. which could be just a transcription error...as both
of them are listed as dying on the 5th of Aug. in the UC Cementary of Freshwater.
Perhaps they died in a car accident or boat accident or just got sick ???
Like I say if you look at the UC Cementary of Freshwater, you will see both Joseph who died in 1909 and Joseph J (Joseph Jeffers Moores) who died Aug. 5, 1904.
Thanks though for your interest and help.

Board index » General » General Discussion