Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » General Discussion

Post subject: Cole Family and Menchinton Family Groups
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:13 pm 

Hi everyone,

If you are on Facebook you may already be apart of some ancestry groups (on Facebook). i have connected with people all over Canada and the US who are somehow related to me. I also have gotten photos of great grandmothers etc.

Of course this website is an awesome place as well to connect and recieve photo's and share information. I cannot thank the people on here enough for sharing! I love this site!! They are two places that I have connected the most with some awesome people who are willing to share infomation!

I have created a group called, Cole's of Newfoundland as I really want to connect with any and all Cole's who descend from the Labrador Cole's. I am in the hunt for photo's of great great grandparents and any stories and info that others may have. I have photo's and stories to share.

I also created a Menchinton's of Newfoundland group...if you are interested in joining and sharing information. I have a couple of photo's to share and am in the hunt for photo's of great great grandparents.

Anyone please feel free to join...and especially if you have Cole or Menchinton in your background.

Post subject: Re: Cole Family and Menchinton Family Groups
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:47 pm 

Hi. Shelley.
I,m a Menchenton from the Norte Dame Bay area of Nfld and we are from the same background as the Menchinton,s and I,m also looking for more info on our Families. I have created a Menchenton Tree and presently have 1266 people. and am also looking for info on my great great Grandfather a William John Menchenton. who is that your are looking for I have a lot of Winsor,s in my Tree.
Reg

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:23 pm 

Hi Reginald,

We may be looking for information on the same man.

Email me at winsorshelley@hotmail.com and I will give you the information that I have.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:51 pm 
Expert Member
Expert Member

Shelley, here is some of the information I have on file for the Cole family....bearing in mind I have not delved into the particulars of this family in a diligent manner.

Thomas Cole and Susanna Williams:

Children:

Elizabeth Cole, who may have married Thomas Lethbridge.
Thomas Cole Jr., who married Lucy Ann Porter.
Mariah Cole, who married (1) Obadiah Wall, (2) William Henry Brett, and (3) Eli Anstey.
Robert Cole, who married Jessie Porter.
Richard Cole, who married Edith Annie Anstey.
John Cole, who married Laura Jones.
Susanna Cole, who married Caleb Porter.
George Cole.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:52 pm 
Expert Member
Expert Member

Ontario Deaths,1869-1937: "Name: Ethel Susannah Simms; Event: Death; Event Date: 18 Nov 1922; Event Place: Hespeler, Waterloo, Ontario; Gender: Female; Age: 24 years; Father: Thomas Lethbridge; Mother: Elizabeth Cole; Spouse: Fred Simms; Reference Number: yr 1922 cn 32756; Film Number: 1907011; Digital Folder Number: 4171429; Image Number: 101."

Ontario Deaths,1869-1937 and Overseas Deaths, 1939-1947: "Name: Thomas Lethbridge; Event: Death; Event Date: 29 Dec 1922; Event Place: Hespeler, Waterloo, Ontario; Gender: Male; Age: 59 years; Birth Date: 22 Apr 1863, Labrador; Father: John Lethbridge; Mother: Mary Ann Lewis; Spouse: Elizabeth Lethbridge; Reference Number: yr 1922 cn 32759; Film Number: 1907011; Digital Folder Number: 4171429; Image Number: 102."

Board index » General » General Discussion