Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Martin/Lane Families in King's Cove Newfoundland
 Post Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:49 am 

Greetings Friends,

My name is Stephen Caravana. I am from Dartmouth, MA, and am trying to research my roots in the King's Cove, Bonavista Bay region of Newfoundland.

My maternal grandmother's name was Mary (Martin-Lane) Charade. She was born in King's Cove on April 18, 1907 to William and Mary Martin (Lane). Grandma had two sister Katherine Martin (Walsh), Anne Martin (Griffith), and a brother Jeremiah Martin.

My grandmother left King's Cove sometime around 1921, but I am not positive of the date. She moved to Montreal after both of her parents had died by the time she was fourteen. I was able to research that My great grandfather William Martin died of influenza sometime around January 1919, but I am not even sure if it was the right William Martin that I found documents on.

I would greatly appreciate any information that anyone could provide me on the Martin-Lane families who might be related to me and my grandmother Mary (Martin-Lane) Charade. Grandma died on March 2, 1998 at the age of ninety.

Thank you so much for any information you might have to help me trace my ancestors in Newfoundland.

Sincerely,
Stephen F. Caravana

Board index » General » Introductions