Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Hickey - Morris - Gardenier
 Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:02 am 

Hi my name is Diane. My grandparents were Mary Hickey (maybe from Grandfalls-Winsor) and Tom Morris of North River. Mary's parents were John Hickey and Sara Rose. Tom's parents were Jeffery Morris and mother's name unknown. Mary Hickey had two sisters. Tom had one brother William and two sisters Bertha and Susan. Mary and Tom were married, possible 1905 and a son Daniel was born 1906. Mary had other children but died. Mary, Tom and Daniel (my father) moved to Cape Breton 1908 to Donkin (Glace Bay area) than to NO11 and had two more children by 1911, Mary Elizabeth (Lizzy) and William (Bill) according to the 1911 cencus. As very little was discussed or passed on to the children, we are trying to find any link available. We were given a story regarding Mary (Mae) that she was to marry a Gardenier man who was drowned and she was pregnant with my father Dan. At it was a shame at that time Tom agreed to marry Mary (Mae) Tom was we assume a fisherman and while out to sea or work and when he came his mother would tell lies of Mae and Tom was very mean to her including beating her. Mae as I was told as she died before I was born was a very sweet lady with a beautiful Irish voice to sing the Irish songs. She died of heart failure in 1940 and Tom died in 1950. If anyone knows anything or a link, it would be a blessing for us. Diane from Cape Breton
Diane from Cape Breton

Board index » General » Introductions