Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Squibb and Moores Geneology
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:01 pm 

Hi. My name is Trish and I have been working on my Family History which on my Father's side traces back to Newfoundland for both my Grandfather and Grandmother. My Grandfather was Eleazer Squibb. His parent's were Charles Squibb and Elizabeth (Snook) Squibb. They were from Carbonear. I have found out that my Grandfather had a sort of "Brady Bunch situation" where his Father remarried after his Mother died and he has a bunch of 1/2 siblings.
My Grandmother's side is a bit more complicated. Her name was Caroline Moores and her maiden name was Hudson. Her parents were Henry Parsons Moores and Harriett (Hudson) Moores and they lived in Blackhead. I believe her original middle name was Elizabeth, but I am not certain of this. My Grandmother came to America when she was about 20. She did not communicate with her Mom and Dad very much...I believe she was upset with them about something...but noone that is still living seems to know why. I know that she had a Brother by the name of George Peach Moores and a sister by the name of Jane Moores, which we don't know much about and I can't seem to find any records on. I believe her falling out with her parents had something to do with her sister, but hat is purely speculation. There is some kind of story that goes along with Jane that no one in the Family wanted to talk about and I would love to know what it was and more about her history. We don't know if her brother and Sister were older or younger. I would appreciate any information anyone has to share that has to do with my Family. Thank you.

Board index » General » Introductions