Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Norman Family from Baie Verte Peninsula/Port de Grave
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:56 pm 

Hello all!

My name is Ryan Norman. I am currently living and grew up in Labrador City. I have been spending quite some time researching my Norman family roots, which date back to Pacquet on the Baie Verte peninsula, have moved there from the Port de Grave/Clarke's Beach area in the 1870s.

I am looking to connect with those, relatives or otherwise, who can assist me with a roadblock I have run in to in my research. My 3rd Great Grandfather was Henry "Harry" Norman (Born 1849 in Clarke's Beach, died 1922 in Pacquet). He married Mariah Foster (1857-1913) of Shoe Cove and the rest of my family runs down from there!

However, I have been unable to find any tangible evidence to connect Henry to his parents (though the general consensus seems to be William Norman (1822-) and Patience Dawe). Looking for anybody who can help me on this subject, or discuss anything related to Newfoundland genealogy!

Cheers!
Ryan Norman

Post subject: Re: Norman Family from Baie Verte Peninsula/Port de Grave
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:14 am 

Hi Ryan,

I think we're relatives! My name is Sarah Worthman and my Grandmother was a Norman before she got married.
I actually just found out some very interesting information about Maria Foster! Turns out she was indigenous. I even have a picture of her in her traditional attire with Henry.
I would be very interested in discussing ancestry if you are :)
Please feel free to reach out to me over email and I can send along the picture: Smeworthman@mun.ca
I too have Patience and William down as Henry's parents but then again that could be ancestry misinformation.

nice to meet you,

Sarah Worthman

Board index » General » Introductions