Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Bishops and Bowerings of Bay Roberts
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:42 pm 

I am James Bailey researching the Bowerings and the Bishops of Bay Roberts. I am looking for info on the parents of Selina Biship and James Bowering. Selina's parents were Christopher Bishop and Mercie French both born in Newfoundland. I have no data on their exact D.O.B nor location and date of marriage. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Bishops and Bowerings of Bay Roberts
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:13 am 

Hi, not sure if you found any info yet but Selina Bishop was born Oct. 2, 1867 in Coley's Point, NL. and baptised Oct. 29, 1867 in Bay Roberts according to the birth registers. Her parents were Christopher Bishop born about 1825 and died Oct 15, 1898 in Coley's Point. Her mother was Mary Bishop born May 4, 1834 in Coley's Point and died Jul. 24, 1910 in Coley's Point and both are buried in the St. John the Evangelist Anglican Cemetery in Coley's Point. I have several James Bowering names so I am not sure which one would be her husband or when they married. It is possible it could be James Bowering born Nov. 18, 1865 in Coley's Point and the son of James and Jane Unice Bowering.
If you find out more let me know so I can connect who I have.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:00 pm 

I am the Great Great Granddaughter of James Bowering he was born 1831 died Jan 12 1904 and he married Jane Eunice Evans which had my great Grandfather John Bowering who was born on FeB 25 1861 and died March 22 1923 and he married Elizabeth Herder who had my grandmother Ida Eunice Herder Roberts who was born March 16 1892 and died Jan 2 1983. who married Albert John Roberts born June 9,1886 and died May 21 1958 . Then came My father Wilbert B Roberts born April 28 1924 and died April 27, 2005. He married Jeannine Donna Lee Roberts born Jan 12 1931and died July 30 2007 they was married for 55 years until my dad pasted away. they had 8 children Kirk Steven Lee Roberts, Charmagne Roberts Hawkins, Robin Roberts, Nanette Roberts Tewell, Michelle Roberts Gray, Brigette Roberts Villareal, Yvette Roberts Phillips, Shane Roberts, we are all still alive and doing well so I am asking if any one out there is any descendent of the Bowering Family I would love to get to know you! Thank you.......... Yvette Phillips
Yvette Phillips
5405 Hwy 14 N
Yellville, Ar 72687

Post Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:06 pm 

I have some info on this family although I have not made a connection yet but I was born in the same town called Coley's Point as your Bowering relations.

John Bowering married Elizabeth Mercer (not Herder) as per the marriage register on Nov 30 1888 in the United Church in Coley's Point. They were married by Rev. Samuel Snowden and the witnesses were John Bowering and Catherine Morgan. (not sure who the John Bowering is as the witness but Catherine could be your John Bowering's sister, he had a sister Catherine and 4 brothers William, Thomas, James and Robert.

Hope this helps.

John

Board index » General » Introductions