Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Hello from Mary Louise Damiano
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:04 pm 

Hello All--
Let me start by saying how grateful I am to have discovered this site!

I have been researching my mother's family line for some time through Ancestry and have found invaluable information here that I haven't seen elsewhere. My maternal grandfather was from St. John's East and my maternal grandmother from St. Jacques. After marrying in 1921, they moved to the U.S. (Detroit, Michigan area), where both my mother and I were born and raised. My husband and I currently live in Wisconsin.

My grandfather was an only child, as was my late mother. My grandmother was one of only two siblings that emigrated to the U.S. Combined with a flooded basement that destroyed many of my grandparents' mementos, my research journey has been slow but steady over many years.

I've found such valuable information here that I would like to offer something in return to others here: I have a public family tree on Ancestry.com (Damiano/O'Connor Family Tree) that includes many from my NL family line (Connors/O'Connor, Cahill, Burke and Farrell). I hope others might find something helpful there!

Best regards,
Mary Louise

Board index » General » Introductions