Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Searching from BC for R Sharp from St. John's West
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:16 am 

Hi,
I currently live in the BC southern interior and I have been searching in earnest for about a year for my biological father, Roland Sharp, born about 1944/45. Up until today I could not find any records or information then came across both this site and the 1945 NF Census record on ancestry.ca. He's the youngest of 7 children born in St. John's West where they were living on Empire Ave. His parents are Roland Sharp b. 1911 Twillingate and Elsie May Sharp (nee Smith) b. 1911 Twillingate.

I feel very anxious as this is my first steps to publicly try to find him. Any help or information to find his trail via records online or anything else is greatly appreciated!

Ursa

Post subject: Re: Searching from BC for R Sharp from St. John's West
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:04 am 

Hi Ursa,

There is a facebook group that you might want to consider joining called Newfoundland Labrador Adoptees. It's for people searching for birth family members within the province. Everyone on there is very helpful and supportive and there have been many success stories.

Something else to consider is that his family name may be misspelled on the census. I have never seen it spelled that way here and have only seen it spelled SHARPE.

I wish you all the best in your search.

Michelle

Post subject: Re: Searching from BC for R Sharp from St. John's West
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:30 pm 

Thank you for the information on the fb adoptees site. I have been added to the group; however, my search for him is not due to adoption. In doing a bit more digging on ancestry.ca I think his last name is more correctly "Sharpe" although online census records have no "e". It is possible that he may have resided in Corner Brook but I am unable confirm when and if he is still alive. I understand that he may have 2 children, with the eldest them possibly born in Sept or Oct. 1967.

Board index » General » Introductions