Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Searching for Dawe from Kelligrews and possible links to unk
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:34 pm 

Hello- Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Nettie (Ethel) Dawes Lees. My father Patrick Andrew Dawe was born on 1/13/1905 to Theresa Mary Dawe (an unwed Mother) He was the most wonderful, caring, intelligent man I have yet to meet. As far as I know he was never able to discover who his Father was. There are some tips/gossip that I had heard from related Newfoundlanders over the years that his Father was someone from Topsail?? He grew up thinking his Grandmother, Susannah Haines Dawe was his Mother and that his Uncles were his brothers. Bulllys from school later, taunted him that he was a Bastard! He learned to box from an early age! He immigrated to the States in the early 1920's and boxed to earn money to bring his fiance to the USA. They married in Phila. PA and shortly thereafter, moved to Connecticut, where my brothers and I were born. Would love to hear from anyone who may have heard any stories concerning the scandalous Theresa Dawe and her son. Hoping to hear from you, Nettie Lees

Board index » General » Introductions