Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Robert Pepper Cemetery Bay Roberts
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:00 pm 

I just signed up, My name is Doug Churchill, Langley, B.C. A few years ago we went to Bay Roberts to do some family history checking. We found where my Great Grandfather William Churchill and Great Grandmother Jane (Crane) Churchill had lived in Crane Cove. We also found their headstones in the Robert Pepper Cemetery. They were overgrown with wild Rose bushes. We weren't equipped to clear much. I was hoping someone could put me in touch with a local that could be hired to clear the area around the headstones and perhaps I could pay for some kind of routine clean-up around them? My Grandfather came to Vancouver @ 1886 so we haven't had any relationship with family in Newfoundland but found there are a Lot of Churchill's and Crane's all over the Province. We really enjoyed our visit and felt an incredible connection to Newfoundland. Beautiful. Please let me know if anyone can help. Thanks, Doug.

Post subject: Re: Robert Pepper Cemetery Bay Roberts
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:59 pm 

Hi Doug
I can't help you with the cemetery issue as I live in Ontario but William and Jane are my great-great- grandparents. Do you have any information on their dates? I have 1823 as William's birth date but not the month and day. And I have 1829 as Jane Crane's birthdate. Do you have her month and day?

And would you have any information on their parents? I have nothing about that.

Annie Churchill was married to Nathan Norman, my grandfather's parents. I visited their house in Cupids in 2005.

Thank you for any help you can give.
Lynda Poyser

Board index » General » Introductions