Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Hi..my name is Nora and I'm from Colliers, Conception Bay, Newfoundland & Labrador...I am looking for details for my family history...
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:34 pm 
Hi,
I'm just recently trying to piece together details of my family tree. My parents are Michael Cyril Phillips of Colliers (b. October 1922/d. January 1985) and Carmel Frances (Whelan) of Colliers (b. February 1930/d. October 1985).

GrandFather John Phillips of Colliers (b. October 1881/d. ??) married Margaret (Power) of Conception Harbour, NL (b. ?? 1882/d. ??). Great-Grandfather John Phillips (b. ?? 1852/d. ??) married Ellen (McGrath) of Colliers (b. March ? 1851/d. ??). Great-Grandfather Patrick Power of Conception Harbour (b. ??/d. ??) married Honora (Cullen) of Bacon Cove, Conception Harbour (b. ??/d. ??).

GrandFather John Patrick Whelan of Colliers (b. October 1891/d. April 1968) married Helen "Nellie" (Fitzgerald) of New Aberdeen, NS {place of birth??} (b. October 1904/d. ???). They were married in Sydney, NS on April 29th, 1924. Great-Grandfather David Whelan (b. July 1864/d. ??) married Bridget (Gushue) of Kitchuses, Conception Harbour (b. June 1861/d. ??). Great-Grandfather Lawrence Fitzgerald of Small Point, NL (b. October 1866/d. ??) {date of birth??} married Ann(e) Murrin {place of birth/residence??} (b. ??/d. ??).

Many of these details I was able to find through other genealogical sites, census, voters lists, etc.. However, I would appreciate hearing from anyone who may have more accurate details and/or other information regarding the family names mentioned.

Thank you!! :)

Board index » General » Introductions