Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: King, Bussey, Page Families of Brigus
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:01 pm 

Hello
My name is Donna from Edmonton Alberta, and I am new to this message board but have used this awesome NGB site for many years.
Family names I'm researching are:
King, Bussey, Page, Spracklin mostly of the Brigus/Cupids area.

Would love to connect with others who are researching these family names as well.

Kind regards,
Donna

Post subject: Re: King, Bussey, Page Families of Brigus
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:19 am 

Pikeman wrote:
Hi Donna, this is a brief comment on your query regarding the Bussey and Page family lines. My maternal great-grandmother Fanny Bowe (b. 1891, Cupids) (of George Bowe and Mary Jane Bussey, both of Cupids-Brigus, PdG, CBN) is the daughter of Mary Jane Bussey (of Joseph Bussey & Fanny Page, both of Brigus, PdG, CBN). As far as I know, most of the information on the family tree or genealogy for the Bussey & Page patrilines is already on-line through Newfoundland Grand Banks website-under Parish Records & Vital Stats under Port-de-Grave districts. To date, I cannot reconstruct the Bussey-Page patrilines beyond Joseph Bussey and Fanny Page no earlier than ca. 1830, so there are a lot of gaps in the published parish registers and vital statistics. As far as I know, as per personal correspondence with NL Grand Banks blogger kwilter, Mary Jane Bussey's sister Berta Bussey married a Noah Lidstone from Salmon Cove, CBN (see also Looking For query titled DNA Tests of Fanny Bowe):

http://ngb.chebucto.org/extlnk/lnkframe.htm?http" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 3A//downonsalmoncove.com/ families/lidstone/lidstone.htm

I have to admit that I personally know very little about the Bussey-Page patrilines, but would like to known more. I hope this thread helps you in your research questions.

Hello Pikeman. Thank you for your response to my query. I also quoted on your blog about the DNA and the Brigus Pages and Bussey's. That was news to me about the story of the Pages being Inuit or part Inuit/NA. I did respond to Kwilter as well. I posted with hopes that someone might know a little more about the Page family. They are so hard to find info on. I found everything that is available on NGB. My Great Grandmother was Selina Bussey. Daughter to Fanny Jane and Joseph. Her siblings were Mary Jane, Bertha and John Smith Bussey. She married John King 1894 Brigus. My Grandfather George King left Brigus in about 1925 to permanently reside in Montreal. I can tell you a bit more of possible history on the Pages if you are interested. Let me know.
Donna

Post subject: Re: King, Bussey, Page Families of Brigus
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:51 am 

Hi Pikeman. Sorry about the confusion, I did gather what you meant that it seems to be on the Bowe side of her family, I should have replied it that way instead of just mentioning the Pages, my error.
Also, I do have all the info that you listed on the Bussey/Page family info. Thank you though for at least mentioning it.
I asked my son-in-law to look for the atDNA data that you requested, I'm not up on all the DNA jargon, but he is.
So, with his help, it does show a small percentage of South Central Asian 3.72, and 4.12, and a small percentage of Siberian 0.22, depending which test you run, there are variances.
These are my kit #'s if you would like to have a look at them as I did not run thru all of the test results.
-A568713 (Ancestry)
-M280153 (23andme) which I'm sure you already know.

Let me know what you think when you've had a chance to look.
My brother and sister have both submitted atDNA tests with Ancestry, we are waiting for the results. It will be interesting to see what comes of it. Once Justin (my son-in-law) uploads all of their info to GEDmatch and FTDNA I will let you know. Maybe that will help, as a few more people of the Bussey/Page line DNA info gets posted.
If I may ask, what is your user name on GEDmatch, I want to see where we match as cousins, thinking 3 or perhaps 4th. We are related of course, sharing what would be Frances Jane Page my GG Grandmother, and your GGG Grandmother. On my next post I will tell you the handed down family story/history of the Page family, presumable of England or Boston, we haven't figured that one out yet.

Also, this is a picture of Selina Bussey and 5 of her children, (4 more that are not born yet). The boy sitting on the right as you see, it is my Grandfather, George King, born 1902, assuming that he is about 4-5 years old, that would make the photo taken approx. 1907. Selina b. 29 Sept, 1872, is approx. 37 years old. She married John King b. July, 1863. Married 10 May, 1894, Brigus. I wish the picture was more clear, but this is as good as it gets. BTW, she is wearing a hat, it looks like curly hair in this photo, but not in the original, you can tell its a hat...lol

[ img ]

Have a great evening
Donna

Board index » General » Introductions